Hiya!! Been a long weekend... er week. What day is it again??
Gotta a few things to say.
1.) Dave Daniels is one super awesome sweetiehead. :D I'll be making a post on this later in the week. NTS: Batteries For Camera!!
2.) I did get a picture for the Saturday Sky but I need batteries as the camera is now lacking power. I hope they are still alive inside the camera. o.0
3.) Gmail is being an ass and not working on me. *SIGH* I will be getting more and more pouty of it doesn't get it's act together. Hot and pouty. Not a good time.
4.) Cookie asked in the yarn dyeing post how I got Pink. I used Pink Lemonade. I used twice as much as recommended because I wanted a vibrant color. Here are all the Kool-aid colors/flavors I used: Strawberry, Pink Lemonade, Orange, Lemonade, Lemon-Lime, Berry Blue, Grape. I used them in that order as well.
5.) Knister Chelle asked how my lace was coming along. *BLUSH* I feel shame over my lack of Amazing Lace Updates. I normally try not to make commitments I can't keep. They weigh over my head and can crush me to the ground if I don't follow through. Sadly there hasn't been ANY Amazing Lace updates over here. It started with a failed romance with Liesel. Then a million swatch flings with other patterns. None of which ever got posted as I have been busy and I'm lucky if I can make a coherent post at all. o.0 As for the lace I think I found my error. User of course. The patterns were all solid. It was in how I bring my yarn over or under. I hadn't really noticed one way or the other and with stockinette and garter type stitches it wasn't very noticeable. But when you get into lace and start doing some other stuff you should really do one or the other. Preferably for me over the top instead of under the bottom. I have no idea if that makes sense. Being self taught I'm not sure of some if the lingo. I haven't read anything on this. I just figure it was some easy common sense thing I should have learned when I was an uber newbie. Now just being a regular newbie I think I have set myself straight. I'll be casting on to my lace thingy as soon as I go through my stash and make sure I have the yarn I want to use for this. I'm VERY excited. I'm doing a cross over project since we are almost in August. ALMOST in August?!! Where has the time gone. o.0
6.) Comments & Email: I'm so sorry I haven't been properly replying and properly making them as well. I've been offline and kinda dead and just a million things. I've got a thing this weekend, but then after that things should start calming down for me so that I can get back into being a good blogger yatta... well until September or so anyway. *dies* It never ends does it. I gotta find my groove again.
I actually started this post last week with this QA thingy from my SP* hostess. I saved it as a draft and there it languished for days. Well I finished answering it. I hope it's not too late for the drawing. ;)
Because I am a whore for Socks That Rock... *waves @ Jen*
1. What is your favorite season of the year and why? Autum is my favorite season. It is just the most wonderful season of all, silly. Y'all should know that. :P
It has Crisp lovely air with a deep earthy scent. It's cooling down so that you can wear a light jacket or sweater, but not a big coat. Love lives here and unlike the theory that spring is the season of renewal I find that Autumn is. It's hard to describe why I love it so. I just do. You can breathe deep and long and feel right with the world and the world is right with you.
Also it has Halloween which is without a doubt the BEST Holiday ever. *GRIN*
It's funny that Jenn asked this. I was in Joann Fabric the other day. (Needed Thread & a Zipper) They have a lot of their Autumn stuff out already. o.0 It's July. That of course got me longing for Autumn and Halloween and those oh so festive times when you can let your inner zombie out and just be pure joy (Ha Ha Ha. :P), but oh know. I know have to wait for all this blasted heat to pass us by. *sigh*
In other news I think I'll be starting my Autumn/Halloween Knitting projects soon. ;^)
2. Summer is hot. What do you knit in the summer? So far the heat hasn't stopped me too much from knitting anything particular. I'm still new though so I've been finishing up my second sock (just have to decrease at the toe and graft), a custom intarsia bag of my own Otter Design (bag is done) and a zip up wallet to match the bag as well as I've cast on for a Double Knit Kitty Cat Blankey/Pad with my own intarsia design as well. I love figuring out gauge and making my own charts from it. I draw the image by hand and then fill in the chart. :D I'm also working on some bitchin' mitten that has some lace in it... but I don't want to say too much about that just yet since I don't want to Jinx myself. I had to put Liesel on hold because I wasn't doing something right. I think I figured out what I was doing and now can move forward with lace type stuff. I hope. *fingers crossed*
3. If money was no object.....what would you buy at the LYS? Thankfully I haven't gotten into a situation where this has happened yet. I don't care how much money I have I'd proabbly still not spend and arm and a leg on yarn out of principle. But then again I haven't come accross any yarn where I felt an arm and a leg was being asked so I've been lucky. *L*
4. What are some activities that have become family traditions for your family? Oy. Vey. There's that word again. Family. Gah. To me that word is damn near a curse word. I don't think anything positive when I hear/read it. It is not a comfort/love based word to me that many people view it as. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Recently Dave commented on a post while I was out of town and wished me back with my family soon. I was shocked for a moment and wondered why he would say such a horrible thing to me. Then I realized he meant my honey and my kitty. I guess they are my family now. But truly they are above and beyond anything that the word family has ever meant to me. Even my brother who is one of my best friends I don't consider that. He is my friend. A word with more meaning and power than family ever could have. I choose him as my friend.
I wish there was another word that meant family as most of you know it. I'd give that a whirl to describe My Honey, Kitty, Brother and Cookie. They are my "family". The good kind though.
5. What is the weather right now? Fucking Hot. Been Fucking Hot for days. It's beyond hot. It's F**king Hot. o.0
Of course I feel like a big baby complaining about this. I saw Cookie's weather on the news Saturday I think it was and she was up around 109. o.0 I've been around 103 or so and I'm baked to a crisp. Her weather is so bad I just checked her weather pixie and I saw this:
o.0 Now THAT is hot!
*throws cold water at Cookie*
I hope it calms down soon for you, sweetie. That's some insane heat. *HUGS*
In somewhat related news I found a YUMMY cool treat for all this hot weather. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars. I've tried the Oreo kind. Very yummy. Can't even tell they are only 150 calories. *L* Of course Otter Pops and Ice Water is where it's really at. Sooo yummy and not so sweet that they make you feel icky in the heat. It's even too hot to drink a Coke or Pepsi. Just ice water and ice tea over here. o.0 (well and there was wine on Saturday and a Margarita on Sunday... :P)
So that's my update. Life has been mostly good. Just busy and hot. With a side of fever and sinus headache, but I'm trying not to whine about it. Much. ;)